- who have experienced significant change or loss in their lives
- who have relocated from another city, country or through divorce/separation
- who have been adopted
- who have challenges with self-regulation or diagnosed with ADHD
- who are experiencing, anxiety, worry, depression or excessive anger
- who have experienced invasive medical procedures or a traumatic pre/peri natal period
- who have a chronically ill parent
- who have siblings with special needs
- Child-Focused Play Therapy
- Family-Focused Theraplay®
- Attachment-Focused Therapy
- Consultations for parents, professionals and caregivers (grandparents, foster parents)
Sessions are covered by extended health insurance plans
Play is the most natural means of communication for children. Play therapy helps reveal and heal emotions sometimes too difficult to access and verbalize. Often, after a short period, disruptive behaviours gradually diminish and greater awareness comes for both child and parent.
Initially, I meet with one or both parents to review concerns, establish our goals and explain the process. Depending on the needs of the child/family, either a non-directive (individual) or directive (including parents)play therapy approach will be chosen, or a combination.
You are welcome to contact me for a complimentary 20 minute phone call for additional information.